Tuesday, October 25, 2011

To Facebook or not to facebook?

A lot of things have been put into question lately. Why do I use facebook? Is that what I am using it for? Why do I have this blog? Is that what I am using it for?  Why do I share so much of my life? Why am I an open book?

God has brought these to the forefront of my mind numerous times over the past week so I am going to put my thoughts onto paper (computer screen).

Why do I use facebook? The actual reason I use facebook is to stay in contact with people. I have family and friends who no longer live near by and it is a quick and easy way to stay in contact with them. I like to hear about their lives and in turn I guess I tell them (and 600 other people, which I often forget) about mine. Am I actually using Facebook for this reason? Yes and no. Because I am an open book (I will address the above question later), I often use Facebook as a diary of sorts. I've learned that is a bad idea. I know what I mean before I write it, but the 600+ "friends" I have do not. Every single person that reads what I write (or what you write) has a slightly different interpretation than you do. Man can this mess things up. Lesson for Molly: Use Facebook for what you really want, keeping in touch with people. Keep your "every second" thoughts to yourself. 

Why do I write this blog? I have this blog because I feel like God wants me to write about the things I have learned and continue to learn. Is this why I am using the blog? I think so. Yeah, sometimes I do use it as a diary and it may seem selfish or be misinterpreted. When I break it down though, I really think and process before I write and not just put exactly the first thing that pops into my head. Otherwise, it would look a lot like my Facebook status changes. Lesson: Keep writing and processing, well actually, processing, then writing.

Finally, I will answer the last two questions together...why am I an open book and why do I share so much of my life? I am this way, honestly, because I believe that is how God made me. Unfortunately, the positive qualities God gives us become negative. Lesson: Be open, but still, process first.

Moral of this blog for Molly today: Process things. Just because God made you open does not mean you should have no filter at all. In the flesh, I am nothing, in Him I am something. He must become greater and I must become less. 

No comments:

Post a Comment