Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Who is in control?

After I gave birth to Ella, I suffered with post-partum depression. It was pretty bad for about a month. During this time I became obsessed with the idea that I was going to die. Everything feeling I got I thought meant my life was about to end. I am so thankful for all the prayer and support our family received through that time. Three different people said almost the exact same thing to me while I was dealing with these emotions and fear. They said, "Now is the time to believe what you have always said you believe." That stuck with me, especially because three completely unrelated people made this statement to me. I have claimed for many years to be a Christ-follower. I have quoted verses, preached about trusting God and said I was a Christian. All of these statements were true, but now I was faced with overwhelming emotion that I was allowing to control me. It was time for me to believe and live out what I've always said and preached. With God's help and guidance, I was able to do this. Sometimes it is still a struggle, but turning to Him is the answer.

'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

Now is the time to do what we say we do. 
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3:5-6

I share this now because of the reaction Christians have had to the election. I think it is ok to be frustrated and angry (a healthy anger). But now is the time for us to believe what we have always said we believe. God is in control. He will protect us. He is in the business of doing miracles. Let's band together as believers. Let's pray for our President and our country. Let's remember who is on the throne. And let us remember who put Obama into office. 

"He changes times and seasons;
    he deposes kings and raises up others.
He gives wisdom to the wise
    and knowledge to the discerning."
Daniel 2:21 

Praying that Obama and the other leaders learn to serve with this knowledge and discernment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment