Thursday, October 18, 2012

My inspiration

I continue to learn so much from my little inspiration. I have to make so many decisions for her and not care what others think. She is teaching me to not care what anyone thinks but God. He is the one who that matters. I need to trust Him in how to raise my sweet girl, not everyone that surrounds me. If I try to please everyone around me, I will fail.

This became obvious at church a few Sundays ago. Before church even started, someone told me Ella was too hot, someone told me Ella was too cold, someone asked me why I was talking to her (um...because she is a person) someone said she had bad allergies (the pediatrician says we could not know that at this point). And finally, the last straw, a woman said, "I don't know why you young girls insist on putting those headbands on your girls' heads. They are probably squeezing them and hurting them and they can't tell you." I proceeded to respond, "Yes, she knows how to tell me. She can scream..."

So, if I tried to please all these people Ella would be naked on top and have tights and sweat pants on the bottom, she would be ignored by her mom, be getting allergy shots and continue to be called a boy because apparently  unless she has a headband on, she looks like a male baby!

I learned from this scenario that I just need to ask the MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE for answers. Of course, I can hear the advice of other people, and sometimes I even ask for it, but ultimately God gave Ella to me and Jason for a reason, because He believes we can care for her. Not only did God write Jeremiah 29:11 for me, He also wrote it for Ella Jan!

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity."
Jeremiah 29:11


As far as I can tell, Ella likes her hair accessories. And she has inspired me to start a business with my friend. The Lila-Pop Shop! https://www.facebook.com/TheLilaPopShop
Thank you, God, for giving me a new inspiration! Your beautiful Creation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment