Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Do Not Be Anxious About Anything

I had two revelations this past week as my travel anxiety reared its ugly head. I know that satan is our enemy, but there are two ways that I am attacked, through anxiety and food! Food, I can't avoid to live. Anxiety, specifically travel anxiety, I can avoid if I so desire...just don't go on trips. For many years, aside from travelling back and forth from Akron/Cleveland/Youngstown, I did avoid trips. Who wants to have panic attacks when they are travelling on vacation? Then after God spoke to me at a retreat (I'll include this story in a different blog), I realized that I needed to push through the anxiety. Yeah, I've asked for miraculous healing from my anxiety, and maybe one day, it will come, but until then I just have to fully rely on God when I make trips. Once I forced myself to go that first time, God did deliver me on that particular trip (and a few trips after) from my anxiety. I would have bits of panic here and there when travelling short distances but haven't gone on a trip over 2 hours in a number of years. 

This weekend was different. Jason's entire family was getting together in southern Ohio for Easter, and it was time to buck up and travel. I would love to tell you that I had no anxiety at all the entire trip, but I can't. What I can tell you is that with the help of a loving family and God's strength, we went and conquered. I had probably about 3 minor attacks while we were gone, but I am stronger because of it and know with full confidence that sometimes God gives us these obstacles so we have to rely on Him, so that we have to talk to Him. When we aren't challenged we "forget" about God and the role He plays in our lives. When He gives us the big things over and over again, it helps us remember Him in the small things. This weekend, I know He became greater and I became less, and I pray that He continues to do so in the little things too.

" 4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
 8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:4-9





If I hadn't gone of the trip, I would've missed these faces! God is good and now we have great Szari family memories! 

1 comment:

  1. Molly, we're so glad that you were able to come. It really meant a lot to us to be able to have the whole family over for an event like that. It was awesome! We'll send prayers your way that you'll be able to make more trips like last weekend without anxiety.

    ReplyDelete