Monday, April 11, 2011

Tell satan to go to hell

I posted my first blog last night. I was nervous about it. Though I often share my emotions, this is difficult. Then why am I doing it? Well, has God ever told you to do something and you just couldn't refuse? I really don't feel like I have a choice in the matter, so I'm putting myself out there. Since I posted that blog last night the enemy has been on a rampage. I've realized over the last few years that sometimes you just have to tell satan to go to hell. 

Struggling with health, weight loss issues and life in general can be like a roller coaster. We feel like we are doing great one day and the next failing miserably. But there is excellent news, it does not matter how many times you fail, God is there to pick you up again. And He gives us instructions on how to do better! 

"6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
 8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
 10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 11 To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen."
1 Peter 5:6-10

So when the enemy attacks, don't run away, turn around, look him in the face and tell him to go to hell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment