Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Little Lighter

So I decided today's post is going to be a little lighter. I'm going to post a great spring recipe. Super easy, super quick, super healthy and super good! I make brown rice with garlic and cilantro as the side and put the chicken and salsa over top of the rice to serve. Try it and let me know what you think! (I didn't create the recipe, just changed it a bit)

Salsa (recipe below) 
1/4 cup water
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 T. olive oil 
4 chicken breast, skinned
salt and pepper to taste


Salsa Recipe: (I double this recipe because I like more salsa with the chicken!) 


1/2 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
1 T. finely chopped cilantro
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. salt


Directions: 
Combine salsa and water in a small bowl and set aside. 
In a large skillet, sautee garlic over medium heat for 1 or 2 minutes. Add the chicken breasts and cook on each side for 4 minutes. 
Add salsa, salt and pepper to the skillet. Turn heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is tender. 


Nutrition per serving (without rice) 524 calories, 9.24 grams of fat, 48 grams of protein

1 comment:

  1. wow! This sounds really good! I will let you know once I make it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete